Monday, August 3, 2009

A Perfect Moment

A quick review of the past few days:
  • Made myself start writing on Saturday. Ten good hours of writing on Saturday; ten good hours of writing on Sunday. I finished the draft on Sunday evening at 11:30 PM. Looked at it today, made a few changes, sent it to my colleague a whole day before I had planned. 11 pages, single spaced. If I successfully interpreted the notes I took from the meetings and the feedback I was given a year ago, I've done well. Eager to see what he has to say.
  • I have finished grading for the class I teach as a consultant - turned those grades in at 10:00 tonight.
  • Successfully got the girls to school EARLY today for the first day of school.
  • House was clean and all laundry done by 6:00 Sunday afternoon.
  • Ran 6 miles Sunday morning.
  • Went to the gym this morning and was there 2 1/2 hours (including shower time).
  • Bought groceries. Leisurely. Ok, scratch that one - I'm just amazed I got to the store - I hate grocery shopping. Meanwhile, we have food. Which means...
  • I cooked dinner - roast beef, potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. A glass of wine. Followed up by Moose Tracks ice cream, aka the nectar of the Goddesses.
Yes, I deserve to bask for a moment. For the first time in a long time I can feel the stress leaving my body, and while there's a lot to do to get the new semester cranked up, I am confident that I can spend this upcoming weekend NOT working. This fact alone is worth letting sink in and spread all over for a few minutes.

Still basking for a moment.....

Just a little more.... bear with me....

Yes, I'm beyond thrilled about this fact! Plans for the weekend include running a 10K Saturday morning and spending time with an old friend Saturday evening. Knowing that I won't spend any of that time worrying about work that has been weighing me down for most of the summer? Beyond priceless. Simply perfect.

I know that I'll soon be utilizing this blog to help me avoid the inevitable - but celebrating this rare moment... mmmm.... Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment