Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart Hurting

I went to the gym this morning in pretty decent spirits. For the first time in a long time, I've been able to get four days in a row of exercise, so mentally and emotionally I'm feeling pretty good.

Except for one thing. I saw a friend of mine at the gym this morning, and his countenance just wasn't right. A little later I was talking to a mutual friend and found out that my friend and his wife are getting divorced - hence the countenance being a little off. I didn't see this one coming, as I see both of them fairly frequently, and from what I gather, I don't think he did either.

As a divorced woman, I really and truly can empathize with what they are going through. And while I've been in the wife's shoes (fairly sure she is the one who initiated it), my heart just hurts for them. The kids, their friends, the two of them... not a thing about the situation is easy. I don't think anyone decides to get divorced on a whim. And it's certainly not anyone's dream to get divorced.

Love is a beautiful thing, but when it falls apart, particularly after so many years, it can be brutal.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping them and their family in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment