Friday, November 13, 2009

They're Gr-r-reat!!


Last week, I asked my youngest what she wanted from the grocery store, she thought for a moment and said, "Frosted Flakes."

Ok, not hard to remember. I like Frosted Flakes, too.

When I got home from the grocery store, what had I bought?

Frosted Mini-Wheats. The other frosted cereal that I like.

This week when I mentioned I was going to the grocery store, my youngest said, "Don't forget the Frosted Flakes, Mom."

I replied, "Hey, at least I got the frosted part right."

Her response? "Yeah, but I wanted Frosted Flakes. Just remember it has a tiger on the front and the box is blue."

I laughed, because I wasn't expecting that from her, and proceeded to do my best Tony the Tiger imitation. The response was a simple, "Mooomm," uttered in the "there's no way I can be related to this person" tone. Had I been able to look at her, I'm sure there would have been the rolling of the eyes, too.

I got it right this time. But only because I remembered the tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment