Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Old Friends

Keisha, Matt, Trish, Lee, Charlie, Mary, Kate, where Jill sat, Valerie

I feel blessed that there are some folks in this world who I will always treasure, and even more blessed that I have been able to reconnect with so many of them over the past few years [again... thanks to facebook].

Who'da thunk that I would regularly be seeing people I went to high school with twenty-two years later? Some I see every few months; others every few years. But I swear, every time I get together with any of these people, it is just plain good for the soul. Picking up where we left off. Laughing with each other, and just genuinely caring about each other and how we are doing.

Saturday night was no exception - we got together because my friend Matt was in town from Memphis. By the time the night was done, eleven of us had spent time together, and time passed so quickly. We started at 5, ended after 1. I could easily have stayed longer.

Good people. Good times. Good memories, both old and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment