Friday, July 1, 2011

When's the Last Time...

  • You sat outside in the early morning with a book?
  • You could hear cars coming well before they appear in your line of vision because the sound of them is rare?
  • A bee landed on you, and you sat still enough for it to determine you aren't a flower, and it moved on?
  • The sound of a pine cone dropping startled you?
  • You felt the cool morning air start to give way towards the heat of summer?
  • You watched people fishing from a boat?
  • You waved at everyone who drove past, and spoke to everyone who walked by?
I experienced all of this this morning, as I had road duty for Lazy Day. I wouldn't trade a minute. My life is usually so harried, full, and scheduled, but today... today... I didn't have a worry in the world, and the sights and sounds around me just filled my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment