Monday, October 12, 2009

"Little" Things

This lovely furlough day is not going as I thought, but what else is new. I knew it as soon as I woke up, particularly as DD2 seemed not to be feeling well. I made it to the gym and was almost halfway through what I planned to do there today when the phone rang for me to go pick her up at school. So, instead of my furlough plans, I'm taking care of "little" things at home, [namely, my daughter] which has included working with iTunes to get new music uploaded from CDs, make sure artwork is present for the album cover, as well as sync my phone and other iPods.... partly for her iPod, of course... ahem.

One of the things I've wanted to do for awhile, ever since a church that I went to a couple of years ago quit podcasting their sermons, is download sermons from this particular church to put on my iPhone. So, rather than just stand over the stove heating up tomato soup for DD2 [made with milk, of course, so it must be stirred], I listened to one of the sermons while stirring.

I love it when a sermon is exactly what I need to hear. Particularly when it matches things that I have been doing lately that I don't automatically recognize to be spiritual in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment